Golden Sands - The resort is located 17 km from the city of Varna, in the north part of the Bulgarian Black Sea
Riviera. It has been awarded the prestigious Blue Flag international ecology prize several times.
The natural conditions favour bathing and basking in the sun from May trough October. The average daily temperature in
July and August is 27°C, water temperature 24°C. The beach strip is 3.5 km long and up to 100 m wide.
The curative mineral springs have a flow of 150 m/sec and were known already to the Thraciains and the Roman Caesars.
You will find all you need for your unforgettable holiday here:
- 61 two, three and four-star hotels, many of them fully renovated
- Two holiday villages, luxury bungalows
- Restaurants, serving national, Europian and exotic cuisine, as well as superb Bulgarien wines, known
throughout the world.
- Nighttime entertainment - night clubs, discotheques, attractive folklore programs and exciting floor shows,
casino and roulette tables.
- To keep you fit - sport facilities in the dry and wet: yacht, water skis, surfboards, motor boats, paddle
rowboats, jets, para-gliding, water slides, tennis courts, riding ground, mini-golf, bicycles, rickshaws on wheels,
bowling, fitness centers, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, yacht club.
- Combine your holidays with care for your health - year-round spa treatment offering a wide range of services
and programmes: mud treatment, hydrotherapy, anti-stress, phytotherapy, Relax and Revital programmes, apitherapy and
- For ardent yachtsmen - yacht port with three full equipped piers for over 100 yachts.
- A wide choise of inland excursions - your chance to acquaint yourself with Bulgarian lifestyle, tradition and
culture: Bulgarian Monasteries, Kotel-Zeravna, Danube Romance, Nessebur, Sightseeing Tour of Varna, Dolphinarium, Rila
Monastery, Jeep safari. Excursion abroad, to Cairo and Istanbul, are also organized.
- For your entertainment - rich cultural programme: Fair of Authentic and Folk Art, Varna Summer International
Folklore Festival, Contest for the Strongest Bulgarian, Jazz and Rock Festival, Mummers Black Sea Festival, Miss
Golden Sands beauty contest, and many others. For children: clowns, special performances, contest for the best drawing
on asphalt, ect.
The St.St.Constantine and Helena resort is the longest established resort (1948), which has preserved its character as
a smaller friendly holiday center. It lies 8 kilometers North of Varna. The resort has small sandy beaches and the
atmosphere of this charming resort is ideal for a really restful holiday.
It has the beauty of any other large resort.
The mineral springs at Golden Sands give you health and beauty all year round. There are four particularly valuable
mineral springs with a flow of 150 m3/sec. Several balneotherapy and fitness centers have been established on the
basis of their curative properties. Offers over 100 different kinds of medical services, combined with various
treatment and recuperation programs. The resort's natural factors are utilized here all year round - specific climate,
clean air, ultraviolet radiation, sea water, abounding in salts and microelements, curative mud and different kinds of
herbs. Arthritis, arthroses, stress, neuroses, chronic pharyngitis, bronchitis, asthma, etc. are successfully treated
at balneotherapy centers.
The hotels which provide balneotherapy services in the Golden Sands resort are:
- 5 star - Grand Hotel Varna, Imperial, Palace
- 4 star - Lilia, Luna, Mimosa
- 3 star - Ambassador, Perla
back to top ^